You are here
Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
Get the support you need to manage a serious mental illness or substance abuse in Ballad Health’s intensive outpatient program for adults.
Live at home and go to work or school while benefiting from several hours a week of therapy and behavioral health education.
Trust our caring staff to help you build skills to make more of your everyday life.
Starting intensive outpatient mental health care
Ask your doctor to refer you to an intensive outpatient program at any stage in your behavioral health care journey, especially after leaving inpatient care.
Choose the intensive outpatient program that’s right for you:
- A group focused on managing mental health conditions
- A dual-diagnosis group for people who have both a mental illness and alcohol or drug dependence
Your program meets 3 hours a day, three days a week for 6 to 8 weeks.
What to expect
Work with our caring behavioral health team to form a treatment plan that might include:
- Psychiatric evaluation, which reviews how you think, feel and act
- Group, family and individual therapy – conversations with a licensed counselor one-on-one or with your peers about ways to solve problems and feel better
- 12-step meetings that support addiction recovery and relapse prevention
- Guidance on developing coping skills and relationship skills
- Education on taking your medicines the right way
Intensive outpatient program team
Expect care from professionals such as:
- Psychiatrist – Doctor who oversees the program and uses medicine to treat behavioral health conditions
- Therapist – Guides private conversations about problems you want help with
- Nurse case manager – Helps make sure you get the care you need
Follow-up mental health care
To keep making progress after finishing an intensive outpatient program, take advantage of outpatient behavioral health services, such as support groups and weekly one-on-one counseling sessions.
Continue to get care as long as possible to stay well long-term.
Learn more about behavioral health / mental health services at Ballad Health.
Outpatient Behavioral Health Services Locations
Johnson City, TN 37604
Lebanon, VA 24266-0000
Greeneville, TN 37743
Kingsport, TN 37660
Mountain City, TN 37683