Lisa Carter has been voted chairman of the board for the Children’s Hospital Alliance of Tennessee (CHAT). ... read more about Niswonger Children’s Hospital CEO Lisa Carter tapped for prestigious statewide post.
You are here
Green Oak Behavioral Health
New behavioral health visitation restrictions
Due to the ongoing pandemic, Ballad Health is not allowing visitors in its behavioral health centers.
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
10-bed inpatient geropsych unit serving the Clintwood / Dickenson Co. area
Helping seniors find hope and happiness
As adults age, it’s common to experience life-changing events that can cause an emotional and psychosocial strain.
The Green Oak Behavioral Health unit at Dickenson Community Hospital is an acute-level healthcare facility that treats and improves the lives of people 55 and older* who are suffering from a wide range of psychiatric conditions, including:
- Depression, sadness and anxiety
- Severe memory loss and dementia
- Disorientation and hallucination
- Increased social withdrawal and isolation
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Sleep disturbances
- Extreme fluctuation in weight
- Loss of interest in appearance and self-neglect
- Aggressive or agitated behavior
- Prolonged grieving
- Loss of desire to live
*Ages 45 to 54 are considered on a case-by-case basis.
To make a referral, please call (276) 926-0251.