Pursuing its goal to expand access to care in rural communities, Ballad Health officially opened its new urgent care center in Banner Elk, North Carolina. ... read more about Ballad Health opens Banner Elk Urgent Care on July 13.
You are here
Green Oak Behavioral Health
New hospital visitation restrictions
Effective Saturday, March 21, Ballad Health will not allow visitors in its inpatient hospital units, long-term care facilities or behavioral health centers.
These measures are to help contain coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Limited exceptions to these restrictions may apply to:
- Birthing centers
- Pediatric departments
- Emergency departments
- End-of-life and other extraordinary long-term care situations
Please read more about these visitation restrictions.
10-bed inpatient geropsych unit serving the Clintwood / Dickenson Co. area
Helping seniors find hope and happiness
As adults age, it’s common to experience life-changing events that can cause an emotional and psychosocial strain.
The Green Oak Behavioral Health unit at Dickenson Community Hospital is an acute-level healthcare facility that treats and improves the lives of people 55 and older* who are suffering from a wide range of psychiatric conditions, including:
- Depression, sadness and anxiety
- Severe memory loss and dementia
- Disorientation and hallucination
- Increased social withdrawal and isolation
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
- Sleep disturbances
- Extreme fluctuation in weight
- Loss of interest in appearance and self-neglect
- Aggressive or agitated behavior
- Prolonged grieving
- Loss of desire to live
*Ages 45 to 54 are considered on a case-by-case basis.
To make a referral, please call (276) 926-0251.