The new Appalachian Highlands Care Network is designed to bridge care gaps, improve health and reduce avoidable healthcare cost and utilization. ... read more about Ballad Health unveils unprecedented effort to expand access to healthcare for people who are uninsured.
You are here
Urgent Care Clinic – Banner Elk
Ballad Health Medical Associates Urgent Care in Banner Elk is now open!
If you or a loved one needs medical care for a minor illness or injury, you can trust our team to provide high-quality, convenient care, when you need it most.
We care for patients of all ages – no appointment necessary.
Safety precautions for your visit
When you visit Ballad Health Medical Associates Urgent Care, you will be:
- Screened for potential signs of illness
- Required to wear a cloth face covering, which you will need to provide for yourself
- Allowed to have 1 visitor with you
Think you might have COVID-19?
Please call 833-822-5523 to be screened if you are concerned you may be ill with COVID-19. This Ballad Health Nurse Connect line is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Learn more about coronavirus disease 2019.
Making treatment for minor illness and injury even safer
Your safety is our priority. In the COVID-19 pandemic, we were driven to create new services and processes that will forever improve and safeguard your care journey, including:
- Virtual waiting rooms, so you can remain in your car until your appointment time
- Screenings to check everyone who comes in for signs of illness
- Face coverings, for every patient, visitor and team member
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of every public and patient care area
- Public areas carefully designed to provide ample space between people
- Telehealth options that reduce your wait time, eliminate the need for travel and make it even faster and simpler to get the care you need
Think of us for all your non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
Why wait in an emergency room and get charged a higher fee for a minor illness or injury?
You can receive quick care today – even after hours – from Ballad Health Medical Associates Urgent Care.
Banner Elk, N.C. walk-in clinic hours
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Year’s Day – regular hours
- Memorial Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Independence Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Labor Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day – closed
- Christmas Eve – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Christmas Day – closed
Why choose our urgent care?
Our urgent care clinic offers you and your family:
- Extended weekday and weekend hours – especially helpful when your primary care doctor can’t squeeze you in or isn’t available after hours
- Walk-in clinic convenience – no need for an appointment
- No costly ER fees – urgent care copayment amounts that are usually less than ER copays
The clinic also provides:
- On-site X-ray
- Flu shots
- Sports physicals and school physicals
What conditions can be treated at urgent care?
Urgent care clinics are a great option when you need medical help for non-emergency issues, such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms, including fever and chills, cough, headache and sore throat
- Ear and eye infections
- Insect or animal bites
- Migraine headaches
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Sprains, strains and minor bone fractures
- Small cuts, minor burns or skin rashes
- Urinary tract, pelvic and other minor infections
When should you go to the ER instead?
If you are experiencing life- or limb-threatening symptoms, don’t wait. Call 911 immediately.
Symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of consciousness, sudden changes in vision and coughing or vomiting blood – to name a few important ones – are signs you need to get to an ER.