You are here
Urgent Care Clinic – Abingdon
Safety precautions for your visit
When you visit Ballad Health Medical Associates Urgent Care, you will be:
- Screened for potential signs of illness
- Required to wear a cloth face covering, which you will need to provide for yourself
- Allowed to have 1 visitor with you
Think you might have COVID-19?
Please call 833-822-5523 to be screened if you are concerned you may be ill with COVID-19. This Ballad Health Nurse Connect line is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Learn more about coronavirus disease 2019.
Making treatment for minor illness and injury even safer
Your safety is our priority. In the COVID-19 pandemic, we were driven to create new services and processes that will forever improve and safeguard your care journey, including:
- Virtual waiting rooms, so you can remain in your car until your appointment time
- Screenings to check everyone who comes in for signs of illness
- Face coverings, for every patient, visitor and team member
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of every public and patient care area
- Public areas carefully designed to provide ample space between people
- Telehealth options that reduce your wait time, eliminate the need for travel and make it even faster and simpler to get the care you need
Think of us for all your non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
Why wait in an emergency room and get charged a higher fee for a minor illness or injury?
You can receive quick care today – even after hours – from Ballad Health Medical Associates Urgent Care.
Abingdon, VA walk-in clinic hours
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Year’s Day – regular hours
- Memorial Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Independence Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Labor Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day – closed
- Christmas Eve – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Christmas Day – closed
The Abingdon urgent care clinic is located just off Interstate 81 at Exit 19, next to Lowe’s Home Improvement.
Why choose our urgent care?
Our urgent care clinic offers you and your family:
- Extended weekday and weekend hours – especially helpful when your primary care doctor can’t squeeze you in or isn’t available after hours
- Walk-in clinic convenience – no need for an appointment
- No costly ER fees – urgent care copayment amounts that are usually less than ER copays
The clinic also provides:
- On-site lab services
- Occupational therapy services
- Flu shots
- Sports physicals and school physicals
What conditions can be treated at urgent care?
Urgent care clinics are a great option when you need medical help for non-emergency issues, such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms, including fever and chills, cough, headache and sore throat
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- Ear and eye infections
- Small cuts, minor burns or skin rashes
- Urinary tract, pelvic and other minor infections
- Animal or insect bites
When should you go to the ER instead?
Emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for life-threatening emergencies, traumas and major medical conditions.
Symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of consciousness, sudden changes in vision and coughing or vomiting blood – to name a few important ones – are signs you need to get to an ER.
Don’t take any chances – in case of an emergency, call 911 immediately.