You are here
Shirley Palmer Family Birth Center at Johnson City Medical Center
When you come to the Shirley Palmer Family Birth Center at Johnson City Medical Center whether for a natural birth or a high-risk delivery, you’ll find an expert team of caregivers committed to ensuring you and your family receive the very best birth experience possible.
In our family-centered environment, babies stay close with mom throughout their stay. If issues occur during delivery, highly trained specialists and advanced technologies are just seconds away. If your little one needs some additional care during the first few days or weeks of life, our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is just upstairs in the adjoining Niswonger Children’s Hospital. Our private suites are equipped with the latest in technology, as well as a soothing, comfortable environment. Our care team works with you to implement your personal birth plan, doing our very best to ensure that your birth experience is everything you hope it will be.
Along with ETSU OB/GYN physicians and the adjacent Niswonger Children’s Hospital, we offer a comprehensive set of services for both natural and high-risk deliveries.
The Shirley Palmer Family Birth Center at Johnson City Medical Center offers:
- High-risk delivery services
- Spacious and soothing labor and delivery suites
- A private family waiting room
- Mother-baby suites for after delivery, with family sleeping space and large bathrooms
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies requiring a higher level of care (upstairs at Niswonger Children’s Hospital)
- Birth plan support
- Breastfeeding support