You are here
School Virtual Health Clinic
We can see you now … even at school!
When your child needs medical attention during the school day, you’ve always been able to rely on the caring touch of your school nurse. Now, for minor illnesses or injuries that need a higher level of care, your child can have virtual access to our medical professionals without leaving the nurse’s office. Using telemedicine technology, our goal is to provide quality healthcare to staff and students in the convenience of the school setting. To sign up, speak with your school's nurse today.
Program at a glance:
- Your child will be seen by a physician or licensed nurse practitioner who can assess the child, work with the school nurse to perform basic labs, and write prescriptions if needed.
- The school will call you before initiating a visit to obtain your consent.
- Parents can come to the school to participate in the virtual visit or receive a link to participate remotely in the virtual visit.
- Our professionals will follow up with the guardian/parent after the call. There will also be a faxed copy sent to the primary care provider if this was indicated on the paperwork.
- We will bill your insurance, or you can pay a flat fee of $49 for the visit. If your child does not have insurance we can also work to determine if they are eligible for the state health insurance plan (TennCare).
- To enroll in the program, complete, sign, and return all of the forms (patient information form, consents and history) in your back-to-school packet, or contact your school nurse. Please include a photocopy of your insurance card (front and back.)