You are here
Vascular & Vein Care
Help blood flow properly throughout your body with Ballad Health’s expert care for blocked or weak veins and arteries. You’ll find all the vascular services you need at hospitals in East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, recognized for their high quality and commitment to protecting your health.
Check the health of your blood vessels with pain-free tests:
- Ankle-brachial index – Compares the blood pressure in your arm and leg to find out if you have peripheral artery disease
- Vascular ultrasound, or duplex study – Reveals clots, plaque buildup or other blockages to blood flow in arteries almost anywhere in your body
Accredited Testing Facilities
Johnson City Medical Center, Bristol Regional Medical Center and Johnston Memorial Hospital are accredited in vascular testing by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
That means you can trust our highly qualified staff to use up-to-date technology to correctly perform your test and give you accurate results.
You can trust us to provide high-quality services that help you stay safe, get good results and feel satisfied with your vascular care.
In fact, CareChex ranked Holston Valley Medical Center No. 1 in the nation for medical excellence in interventional carotid care (stent placement) two years straight (2017 and 2018). Johnson City Medical Center ranked number one in Tennessee in 2017 for medical excellence in vascular surgery.
Vascular Services & Surgery
When you need surgery or a minimally invasive treatment for your blood vessels, choose a Ballad Health board-certified vascular surgeon trained in the latest and best ways of caring for you. Take advantage of:
- Abdominal (stomach area) aneurysm repair or thoracic (chest) aneurysm repair – Reinforces and strengthens a weak area of a blood vessel, sometimes using less-invasive endovascular techniques that speed your recovery
- Arterial limb salvage – treatment for patients with Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD), to address recurring circulation issues before amputation is considered.
- Angioplasty and stenting for carotid (neck) artery, peripheral (leg) artery and renal (kidney) artery – Uses nonsurgical, less-invasive ways of widening and keeping open blood vessels
- Carotid endarterectomy – Makes a small cut over your neck to remove plaque from the artery that carries blood to your brain
- Dialysis access – Specializing in the management of temporary dialysis catheter placement, long-term fistula and graft creation, and emergent access for angioplasty procedures. Treatment options are based on clinic practice guidelines from the National Kidney Foundation
- Neuroendovascular medicine – Specializing in the management of acute stroke and cerebrovascular disease, we provide world-class comprehensive care for those at risk or suffering from complex vascular disorders of the brain and spine.
- Peripheral (leg) arterial disease management – specializing in the management of claudication, diabetic foot ulcers, and peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- Peripheral (leg) artery bypass surgery – Sends blood on a new path that avoids diseased arteries or veins
- Renal vascular disease – treatment for blood circulation issues of the kidney.
- Vena cava filter placement – Traps blood clots in your legs so they don’t travel to your lungs
- Wound management – We specialize in the management of acute and chronic wounds, including acute surgical wounds, diabetic foot ulcers, and venous stasis disease.
Varicose Vein Treatment
Relieve varicose veins and spider veins with simple treatments, including nonsurgical options, that reroute blood through healthier veins. Treating problem veins can make it less likely they’ll lead to skin sores, blood clots or bleeding.
Ask your doctor about:
- Endovenous laser ablation – Sends nearly pain-free laser energy into your vein to seal off diseased areas, shows immediate results and lets you get back to daily activities right away
- Sclerotherapy – Injects medicine into the problem veins to shrink them without surgery
- Ambulatory phlebectomy – Gently pulls out large veins through tiny incisions, leaving almost no scars
- Microphlebectomy – Removes surface veins using a minimally invasive procedure performed under mild local anesthetic
Your treatment not only can ease itchy, achy veins, but may also help you feel better about how you look.
Vascular & Vein Care Locations
Kingsport, TN 37660
Johnson City, TN 37620