Answers to common questions about mammograms
What is a mammogram?
A mammogram is an X-ray picture of the breast. The mammogram allows a doctor to look closer for changes in breast tissue that can’t be felt during a breast exam.
Mammography is used as a cancer screening tool for detecting breast cancer early in women who have no signs or symptoms.
It’s also used to detect cancer in women who have breast symptoms, such as a change in shape or size of breast lumps.
How do I get started?
To learn more about digital mammography or to schedule a mammogram, please call:
- Abingdon, VA – (423) 431-1709
- Bristol, TN – (423) 844-4584
- Erwin, TN – (423) 431-1709
- Greeneville, TN (Laughlin Center for Women’s Health) – (423) 787-5123
- Johnson City, TN – (423) 431-1709
- Kingsport, TN – (423) 224-5312
- Marion, VA – 1-800-659-6762
Still have questions?