General surgeons specialize in surgical treatment of conditions that involve skin and soft tissue, and the breast, abdomen and thyroid gland. Ballad Health has many general surgery options available to you throughout East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
- Laparoscopic colon resections
- Laparoscopic APR (abdominoperineal resection)
- Laparoscopic liver resection
- Sentinel node injections
- RITA generator (radiofrequency interstitial tumor ablation)
da Vinci robotic surgery
Ballad Health offers robotic-assisted surgery as an option for several general surgery procedures.
Robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® surgical system gives your surgeon the most precise tools available to perform delicate procedures with smaller incisions and better outcomes.
- Robot-assisted Laparoscopic colon resections
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic splenectomy
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Robot-assisted hiatal hernia repair
- Robot-assisted single site cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
Learn more about robotic-assisted surgery.
- Minimal surgical incision to skin, only small surgery incisions
- Decreased blood loss
- Decreased postoperative pain and postoperative complications associated with wound infections
- Shorter recovery times
Book an appointment online
Need to schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgeon? You can schedule your next visit online!
Click the button below to view our online scheduler. You can search for your doctor by name, location, gender or language.