Digestive & Gastrointestinal Conditions
If you're experiencing stomach pain, nausea, unexpected weight gain or loss, diarrhea or constipation, you may be living with a digestive disorder.
Ballad Health's network of gastroenterologists and dieticians are here to help get your digestive system back on track and keep you healthy.
Top-rated gastrointestinal care
Ballad Health has been recognized for offering skilled digestive care that helps you stay safe and get the best possible results.
CareChex® ranked Franklin Woods Community Hospital and Sycamore Shoals Hospital in the top 10 percent of Tennessee Hospitals in 2017 for medical excellence in gastrointestinal care.
Both hospitals also earned Healthgrades' Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award in 2016.
Areas of Care
Conditions We Treat
- Cirrhosis (liver scarring)
- Colorectal cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Diverticulitis and diverticulosis (intestinal pain)
- Gallbladder disease
- Heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Lack of certain vitamins or minerals
What to expect
Gastrointestinal services and treatments
At Ballad Health, you can take advantage of a wide range of digestive health tests and treatments, including:
- C. diff treatment – Delivers healthy bacteria to your body to cure an infection
- Colonoscopy – Looks at the inner lining of your whole large intestine
- Colorectal surgery – Provides less invasive care that speeds your recovery
- Endoscopic ultrasound – Creates sound waves that form a picture of your digestive tract
- ERCP – Looks at your liver, gallbladder or pancreas. Can also be used to remove gallstones
- GERD surgery – Eases heartburn and acid reflux
- Hepatology services – Care for the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Nutrition counseling – Helps you determine what foods to eat and avoid to stay healthy
- Pediatric gastroenterology – Cares for children's digestive systems
- Sigmoidoscopy – Looks at the inner lining of the lower part of your large intestine
- Upper GI endoscopy – Checks the lining of the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine
Book an appointment online
Need to schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor? You can schedule your next visit online!
Click the button below to view our online scheduler. You can search for your doctor by name, location, gender or language.