Making your treatment even safer
Your safety is our priority. When you visit your Abingdon Urgent Care, you will be:
- Screened for potential signs of illness
- Required to wear a cloth face covering, which you will need to provide for yourself
- Allowed to have one visitor with you
In response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have created new services and processes that will forever improve and safeguard your care journey:
- Telehealth options that reduce your wait time, eliminate the need for travel and make it even faster and simpler to get the care you need
- Virtual waiting rooms so you can remain in your car until your appointment time
- Screenings to check everyone who comes inside for signs of illness
- Face coverings for every patient, visitor and team member
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of every public and patient care area
- Public areas carefully designed to provide ample space between people
A new standard for immediate care
There's no need to wait in an emergency room and get charged a higher fee for a minor illness or injury.
Our team is here to provide high-quality care quickly – even after hours.
About your local urgent care
Our Abingdon urgent care clinic offers you and your family the care that you need without the long wait times or stress of going to the hospital.
Urgent care benefits
- Extended weekday and weekend hours – Especially helpful when your primary care doctor can't squeeze you in or isn't available after hours
- Walk-in clinic convenience – Come right in and we'll get you the care you need
- Hassle-free online scheduling – No need to call for an appointment
- No costly ER fees – Urgent care copayment amounts are typically less than ER copays
Services we provide
Ballad Health Medical Associates Urgent Care Abingdon also provides:
- On-site X-ray and CT services
- On-site lab
- Occupational therapy services
- Flu shots
- Sports physicals and school physicals ($50)
Conditions we treat
We're here for you when you need medical help for all non-emergency issues, such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms, including fever, chills, cough, headache and sore throat
- Sinus infections and strep throat
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- Ear and eye infections
- Small cuts, minor burns or skin rashes
- Urinary tract, pelvic and other minor infections
- Animal or insect bites
For more information about urgent care services and treatments, visit our Ballad Health urgent care information page.
Abingdon urgent care walk-in hours
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- New Year's Eve – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New Year's Day – Regular hours
- Memorial Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Independence Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Labor Day – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day – Office is closed
- Christmas Eve – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Christmas Day – Office is closed
Our Washington County urgent care clinic is located just off interstate 81 at Exit 19, next to Lowe's Home Improvement.
Ballad Health also offers clinics in Bristol and Lebanon, as well as urgent care locations throughout Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
Also available: Virtual Urgent Care
Ballad Health's telehealth urgent care service allows you to connect to a local healthcare provider directly using your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone – all from the comfort of your own home.
Schedule a Virtual Visit
Learn more about our Virtual Urgent Care Clinic.
When it’s an emergency
We always want to encourage patients to go to the ER when treatment is an emergency.
Ballad Health emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for life-threatening emergencies, traumas and major medical conditions.
Symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, uncontrollable bleeding, loss of consciousness, sudden changes in vision, and couging or vomiting blood – to name a few important ones – are signs that you need to get to an ER.
Don't take any chances – in case of an emergency, call 911 immediately.