You are here
External and Ballad Health resources for information on coronavirus diseases 2019 (COVID-19)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention resources
(PDF files download directly from CDC website.)
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease (COVID-19) [PDF, 112KB]
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) [PDF, 117KB]
Free COVID-19 vaccines
COVID-19 vaccinations are available at no charge for anyone aged 12 or older at our Ballad Health Vaccine Center.
No appointment is necessary, but you can book an appointment online for the Johnson City Vaccine Center:
The vaccine center is located in The Mall of Johnson City at the former Goody's entrance near Forever 21.
Or call Ballad Health Nurse Connect at 833-822-5523 to schedule your vaccination. Nurse Connect is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your second dose will be scheduled at the center when you get your first dose.
Post-COVID care clinic
Ballad Health has launched the Center for Post-COVID Care to provide a full spectrum of services to patients struggling with post-COVID symptoms.
Learn more about our Center for Post-COVID Care.
- Coronavirus disease 2019 information for travel (from the CDC website)
For healthcare professionals
- What healthcare personnel should know about caring for patients with confirmed or possible COVID-19 infection (from CDC website)
The CDC also provides videos about COVID-19, such as:
- What is coronavirus disease 2019?
- What’s my risk?
- How to protect myself?
- COVID-19: stop the spread of germs
- Summit Companies repository of community resources
- Bristol’s Promise COVID-19 information and resources page
- Regional Quick Resource Guide [Excel, 132KB]
State government resources
- Tennessee Dept. of Health Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- TDH Commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercey has also published this video on what the state has done to prepare for COVID-19.
- TN Department of Economic and Community Development
- Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
- Tennessee System of Care – then go to COVID-19 Resources
- Kids Central TN
- COVID-19 TN Voices Teen Resource Guide [PDF, 191KB]
- TN DHS Resources in Response to COVID-19 [PDF, 96KB]
- Virginia Dept. of Health Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Virginia Department of Social Services
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Virginia Tourism Corporation
- Virginia Community Capital
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Mental Health hotline available for those with anxiety about COVID -19 – SAMSHA help hotline
- Community Tool Box
- Common Sense Media tools for home based learning
- United Ways Volunteer Sign-up
Mental health / behavioral health assistance
The coronavirus can significantly affect anyone’s mental health – but especially those dealing with mental illness. The National Alliance on Mental Illness and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provide practical coping strategies to help you manage stress and anxiety.
If you or someone you love is struggling and needs more assistance, Ballad Health provides both outpatient and inpatient behavioral health services.
Need help now?
Call the Respond Crisis Hotline at 800-366-1132 if you or someone else needs help right away.