Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program – Tennessee
(423) 431-2622 (CNA2)
Thank you for your interest in the free Ballad Health Nurse Aide Training Program.
The Ballad Health CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) Training Program will present the basics of bedside patient care under the guidelines of federal and state requirements. Participants who successfully complete the course will meet criteria to sit for the state certification examination which we also pay for.
Please add CNAProgram@balladhealth.org to your contacts list to ensure receive all communications for next steps.
- At least 17 years of age
- High school diploma or GED or be within 6 months of graduation
- Completion of criminal/health-related board background check
- Completion of medical screening
- Flu vaccine is required during flu season and will be administered during the physical in order to complete Course Clinical Requirements.
- Flu Season is October through April unless otherwise instructed by Ballad Health Infection Prevention.
All requirements MUST BE MET to be accepted into class.
- There are no charges associated with this course
- The student will be required to wear solid navy-blue scrubs for class
Do I have to sign a contract with Ballad Health for taking the class?
- There is no contract requirement to attend this course; however, it is our hope that you consider applying for a CNA position at Ballad Health.
- A recruiter will be happy to discuss employment opportunities within Ballad Health. For questions, contact our Human Resources Department Recruitment line at (423) 302-3299 to speak with one of our recruiters about available job opportunities at Ballad Health. Students will have the opportunity to apply for vacant CNA positions after completing this course.
- There are paid student opportunities available
- Student must complete the enrollment process for the CNA program to be eligible.
To apply for a CNA class
Follow the link below to complete the online application. When the application has been received you will be sent an e-mail within 2-3 days with instruction on next steps. Please note that much of the correspondence for enrollment in this class is via e-mail, so please ensure you enter a working e-mail address carefully.
- Complete the online application
- Complete the Interview Questionnaire and return to CNAProgram@balladhealth.org
- Complete the online background check. E-mail instructions will be provided with individualized link to complete free of charge.
- After the Interview Questionnaire and background check is completed you will be contacted to schedule your physical/drug screen free of charge.
For more information email CNAProgram@balladhealth.org. Please add this email address to your contacts list to ensure that delivery of future messages will be delivered to your inbox.
Availability, course length & location
- Classes are available at various locations: Market Street Center, Johnson City; Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol; Indian Path Medical Center, Kingsport; Greeneville Community Hospita
- Please refer to the Course Schedule for locations
- Classes are available in multiple scheduling formats: Full-time, part-time, days, evening, weekends.
- Multiple classes offered monthly
This course contains 60 hours classroom time with 40 hours supervised clinical time to follow. Evening and daytime courses are offered. Please check the course schedule for upcoming classes.
Goals and objectives
- The student will be able to demonstrate safe, competent care of long-term care and hospitalized patients upon completion of the course.
Complete listing of course goals and objectives provided during class.