The Difficult Airway Course: EMS™ teaches an evidence-based, algorithmic approach to emergency airway management for EMS providers.
This 2-day course is designed to provide participants with state-of-the-art information and hands-on experience that ensure effective and appropriate management of airway emergencies.
The Difficult Airway Course: EMS provides didactic and hands-on training in:
- Prediction of the Difficult Airway
- Video Laryngoscopy and other advanced imaging devices
- Medication-assisted Intubation (including RSI and RSA)
- Pediatric intubation
- Endotracheal tube introducers (bougie)
- Extraglottic devices
- Ventilator management
- Digital and nasal intubation
- CPAP and BiPAP
In The Difficult Airway Course: EMS you will:
- Learn the full range of airway management techniques – including use of extraglottic devices, medication-assisted intubation, video laryngoscopy & other advanced imaging devices, and cricothyrotomy.
- Work with experienced faculty who know the unique challenges facing EMS providers.
- Use all of the airway devices in small group sessions.
- Practice decision making and airway techniques in Code Airway™ stations.
- Face the most challenging patient scenarios in a no-risk environment. These include elevated ICP, pulmonary edema, status asthmaticus, foreign body in the airway, direct airway trauma, multiple trauma with shock, and many more.
- Meet your continuing education requirements. This two-day course is approved by CAPCE.
- Receive the definitive airway textbook, Manual of Emergency Airway Management by Calvin Brown MD III, John Sakles MD and Nathan Mick, MD.
To learn more and sign up
For more information call (423) 431-7146 or email Allen.Rasnick@balladhealth.org.
To sign up, all class participants must first pay for the class and then fill out the class registration form. After you have paid for the class, you will need your payment confirmation number to register for the class.
CME Credit Info: Accreditation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through Ballad Health.
Pay online – includes textbook, certificate and Continuing Education Credits.