The Ballad Health CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) Training Program will present the basics of bedside patient care under the guidelines of federal and state requirements. Participants who successfully complete the course will meet criteria to sit for the state certification examination. This course if offered free of charge to participants.
- At least 17 years of age
- High school diploma or GED or be within 6 months of graduation
- Completion of the Ballad Health Pre-Course On-Line Assessment
- Interview with Ballad Health Nursing Leadership
- Completion of criminal/health-related board background check
- Completion of medical screening
- Flu vaccine is required and will be administered during the physical in order to complete Course Clinical Requirements. Flu Season is October through April unless otherwise instructed by MSH Infection Prevention.
All requirements MUST BE MET to be accepted into class.
- There are no charges associated with this course
- The student will be required to obtain student liability insurance prior to attending clinical
- The student will be reimbursed for this cost after completion of the course
- The student will be required to wear solid navy blue scrubs for class
Do I have to sign a contract with Ballad Health for taking the class?
- There is no contract requirement to attend this course; however, it is our hope that you consider applying for a CNA position at Ballad Health.
- A recruiter will be happy to discuss with you employment opportunities within Ballad Health. For questions, contact our Human Resources Department Recruitment line at 1 (866) 894-7761 to speak with one of our recruiters about available job opportunities at Ballad Health. Students will have the opportunity to apply for vacant CNA positions after completing this course.
- There are paid student opportunities available
- Student must complete the enrollment process for the CNA program to be eligible.
To apply for a CNA class
Follow the link below to complete the online application. When the application has been received you will be sent an e-mail acknowledgement with instruction on how to complete the pre-course online assessment. Please note that much of the correspondence for enrollment in this class is via e-mail, so please ensure you enter a working e-mail address carefully.
- Complete the online application
- Complete the online pre-course assessment. (E-mail instructions will be provided upon receipt of your application submission.)
- Complete the background authorization form and return it via e-mail or fax. (E-mail instructions will be provided upon receipt of your application submission)
- Wait for a representative of Ballad Health to contact you via e-mail with further instructions regarding interview appointment.
- After acceptance in the interview process you will be scheduled for the physical.
For more information email CNAProgram@balladhealth.org. Please add this email address to your contacts list to ensure that delivery of future messages will be delivered to your inbox instead of your junk/spam folder.
Availability, course length & location
- Each class has a maximum of 50 students accepted to class.
- If more than 50 applicants meet the minimum requirements listed above, the 50 applicants with the top score on the on-line assessment will be selected to attend class.
- Completion of the minimum requirements is NOT an automatic acceptance into class. You must wait for the e-mail stating you are accepted to class.
- Acceptances are not typically sent until approximately 1 month prior to the start of class. · Classes are available at various locations: Market Street Center, Johnson City; Bristol Regional Medical Center, Bristol; Indian Path Medical Center, Kingsport; Greeneville Community Hospital West, Greeneville.
- Please refer to the Course Schedule for locations
- Classes are available in multiple scheduling formats:
- Monday through Friday
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Tuesday Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 4 to 9 p.m.
This course contains 60 hours classroom time with 40 hours supervised clinical time to follow. Evening and daytime courses are offered. Please check the course schedule for upcoming classes.
Goals and objectives
- The student will be able to demonstrate safe, competent care of long-term care and hospitalized patients upon completion of the course.
Complete listing of course goals and objectives provided during class.
(423) 431-2622 (CNA2)