You are here
Surgical Services at Johnson City Medical Center
There is no such thing as a routine surgery for you or a loved one.
A surgery is an important time, when you expect the very best in expertise, technology and treatment. That’s why Johnson City Medical Center is proud to serve the region with our highly trained surgeons, expert physicians and a caring and committed team.
The surgery tower at Johnson City Medical Center is a state of the art facility designed to meet the needs of our region in all major surgical specialties. We accommodate a full range of services, from minimally invasive, to the more complex. Our surgery center features 16 operating rooms, each designed with ample space for our surgeons, their teams and the latest equipment. We offer both inpatient and same day surgeries, and are committed to excellent patient care. We also understand the importance of providing for families, and our waiting area is newly redesigned with beautiful views and natural light. We offer private areas for physician consultations, and keep our families informed of their loved ones’ status with the use of an updated notification system.
Millions of Americans undergo surgery each year. It is important that you are an informed patient, and that you feel comfortable about the procedure you will be having. At Johnson City Medical Center, we encourage all our patients to ask questions of their medical team, and to be a well-informed patient. Please download this list of questions to ask your medical team before your surgery.
Your team at Johnson City Medical Center involves many more people than just your surgeon. From our volunteers, to our nursing team, to the anesthesiologists and surgeons, you will be served and helped by people who understand and care about your treatment.
State-of-the-Art Surgical Technology
Some of the surgeries we perform include:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gastorenterological Surgery
- General Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Lung Surgery (Video-assisted Thorascopic Surgery)
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Neuroendovascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Important questions to ask before having surgery:
Millions of Americans undergo surgery each year. It is important that you are an informed patient, and that you feel comfortable about the procedure you will be having. At Johnson City Medical Center, we encourage all our patients to ask questions of their medical team, and to be a well-informed patient.
- What are the benefits of this surgery?
- How do I prepare for my surgery – both physically and mentally?
- What are the risks and possible complications of having the operation?
- What is the surgeon’s experience in doing this procedure?
- What type of anesthesia will be administered?
- What can I expect during recovery?
Tips for communicating with your doctor: It’s important to talk over any concerns, and discuss feelings you may be having prior to having surgery. The following tips may help you talk with your doctor:
- If you don’t understand your doctor’s answers, it’s okay to keep asking questions until you do.
- Take notes, or ask a family member or friend to take notes for you.
- Ask your doctor where you might find additional information.
For your convenience, you can download a pdf of these questions to talk with your doctor about.
Awards and Certifications
- Distinguished Clinical Excellence and as a High Performer in Heart Surgery; Orthopedics; Neurosurgery; Ear, Nose & Throat; Gastroenterology and GI Surgery; Urology, by U.S. News & World Report.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Silver Certification by U.S. Green Building Council.
- Surgery Center: Silver certification Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) from U.S. Green Building Council, 2014