You are here
Pregnancy & Birth
When you’re ready to start or add to your family, choose Ballad Health for one-on-one care that meets your needs during this exciting time.
With birthing centers throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, you can easily find the Ballad Health birthplace that’s best for you.
Pregnancy-related conditions we treat
Before and during your pregnancy, you may have a health situation that needs extra attention from the experts at Ballad Health.
Learn more about pregnancy-related conditions such as:
- Gestational diabetes, a condition that can happen during pregnancy, where high levels of blood sugar affect both mother and baby
- Multiple gestation
- Preterm labor
- Premature rupture of membrane
- Cervical insufficiency
Services and treatments
Expect excellent maternity care at Ballad Health’s advanced hospitals. You and your family will enjoy private, safe and homelike rooms where you can welcome your new little one in comfort.
Enjoy top-quality services, including:
- Birthing centers at convenient locations near you across the region
- Breastfeeding services, including supplies available through Ballad Health pharmacies, as well as breastfeeding classes and lactation consultants/counselors
- High-risk pregnancy care from certified perinatologists – doctors also known as maternal fetal specialists – helps manage the health of mother and baby, as well as genetic counseling and ultrasound tests to spot possible complications
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) that give your baby focused attention from doctors and nurses who specialize in caring for newborns with special health needs
- Prenatal classes to help you and your family prepare for baby
- Postpartum care for mother and baby to make sure you’re doing well after delivery
- Certified Nurse Midwives
High-risk pregnancy care
Choose Ballad Health for high-risk pregnancy services. The Northeast Tennessee Regional Perinatal Center at Johnson City Medical Center – one of just a few state-designated perinatal centers in Tennessee – provides everything you need for the best possible outcome.
You’ll find maternal fetal specialists, Level III (high-level) NICUs and many types of doctors who specialize in caring for sicker preterm newborns.
Find a Specialist
View Ballad Health’s network of doctors and search by name, specialty, condition, gender and location. Or call 833-8-BALLAD for help finding a provider who offers the specific care you need.
Pregnancy & Birth Locations
Bristol, TN 37620
Johnson City, TN 37604
Kingsport, TN 37660
Kingsport, TN 37660
Johnson City, TN 37620
Abingdon, VA 24211
Big Stone Gap, VA 24219