The Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Course is designed for health care providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of pediatric patients, whether in the hospital or pre-hospital setting.
This course will enhance skills in the treatment of arrest and peri-arrest patients through active participation in a series of simulated pediatric patient cases.
Concepts covered include:
- Identification and treatment of medical conditions that place a pediatric patient at risk for respiratory/cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support for Children and Infants
- Recognition and Management of Respiratory Emergencies
- Intra-Osseous Access
- Cardiac Rhythm Disturbances
- Initial Impression, Primary, Secondary and Diagnostic Tests Assessments using the “Evaluate, Identify, Intervene” model
- PALS Algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
Course is 12 to 16 hours and requires the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual. The Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care is also recommended.
The Pre-Course Assessment MUST be completed via the web address provided in the textbook using the passcode provided. You must print and bring the evaluation with you and you must have the book with you.
NOTE: If you do not have both the pre-course assessment and the current PALS manual you WILL NOT be admitted to class and will be asked to reschedule.
The exam consists of skills checkoff scenarios and BLS performance. A multiple choice, written exam will be given which requires score of at least 84%.
Contact Hours and CME Credit are offered.
Costs for full class / renewal
PALS Provider Full Class
- $235 if you need book; $200 if you already have your book
- EMS $50 book / $10 card
- $200 if you need book; $160 if you already have your book
- EMS $50 book / $10 card
Requirements for renewals
- A current American Heart Association Provider Card
- A current PALS Provider manual
- A Pretest score of a minimum of 84%
To learn more and sign up
For more information (423) 431-7147 or email Melanie.Hungate@balladhealth.org.
ALL BALLAD HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS MUST SIGN UP ON TEDS.
Ballad Health Organizational Development is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation: Ballad Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT STATEMENT: Ballad Health CME designates this live activity for a maximum number of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for PALS Provider and 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for PALS Renewal. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.