You are here
Direct Access Lab Testing at Smyth County Community Hospital
Ballad Health offers convenient direct lab testing at our hospital.
Direct Access testing is a laboratory service that allows you to order tests based on health concerns. Physician referral is not required. It is convenient, affordable and fits into your busy lifestyle. Medicare patients may find this service beneficial since many screening tests are not covered or may not be paid because of frequency limits.
- You order lab tests based on your concerns
- No physician order or appointment required
- Accepted forms of payment: cash, credit/debit card, Health Savings Account (HSA) card
- There are no bill or insurance claims
- Testing is performed by the laboratory at Smyth County Community Hospital, which is licensed and accredited by federal and regulatory agencies, ensuring accurate and precise results.