You are here
Walk With Ease
Welcome to Walk With Ease: The Arthritis Foundation’s program that is proven to reduce the pain of arthritis and improve your overall health.
No matter if you need relief from arthritis pain or just want to be active, the Arthritis Foundation’s six week Walk With Ease program can teach you how to safely make physical activity part of your everyday life. Studies by the Thurston Arthritis Research Center and the Institute on Aging of the University of North Carolina show that Walk With Ease is proven to:
- Reduce the pain and discomfort of arthritis
- Increase balance, strength and walking pace
- Build confidence in your ability to be physically active
- Improve overall health
How the self-directed program works:
- Complete the online registration form. Make sure you enter a good mailing address or facility and department address so we can send you your book!
- Receive your book via mail.
- Read the book and use it as a tool to track your progress. You will set walking goals, keep track of how you feel on the days you walk, and learn tips and techniques to help you manage your walking and arthritis symptoms. For more enjoyment and support, try walking with a friend! Just have your friend sign-up too so they can get their own FREE book!
- Over the next 6 weeks we will send you periodic emails to see how you are doing. It's okay if you don't meet your walking goals at the very beginning, it can take a while to develop a new habit! It's important that you're taking the first step now. A quick answer to these emails will help us be able to track whether the program is being used and whether your find it useful. Your feedback is critical and allows us to continue to obtain funding to offer Walk With Ease resources at no cost to you!
You will receive all of this information in a follow-up email. Please note: If your email address is not entered correctly, we cannot mail you a book.
We are glad you're using Walk With Ease! Happy walking!