The Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course is designed for health care providers (MD, PA, NP, EMT-P, RN, LPN, Respiratory Therapists/Technicians, Pharmacists) who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in the hospital or pre-hospital setting.
Through didactic instruction and active participation in simulated cases, students will enhance their skills in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
Concepts covered include:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Survey
- High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- ACLS Survey
- ACLS Algorithms (Pulseless Arrest, Bradycardia, Tachycardia, Acute Coronary)
- Syndromes, Acute Ischemic Stroke and Return of Spontaneous Circulation
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
Course is 12 to 16 hours and requires the 2015 Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Manual. The Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care is also recommended.
ACLS full provider
- Must bring a current ACLS manual (copyright 2016).
- Bring the results of the pretest (found on page ii of the ACLS manual) when you attend class.
- Must show a current American Heart Association ACLS card.
- Bring the results of pretest (minimum score 84% – instructions found on page ii of the ACLS manual.
- Bring a current ACLS manual (copyright 2016) when you attend class.
Card type: Electronic Course Completion Card
Competency: Maintain current provider status on a 2-year cycle.
Behaviors / skills:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions
- Demonstrate proficiency in BLS skills, including chest compressions and use of AED
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes and acute ischemic stroke
- Demonstrate effective communication skills as a team member or team leader in a resuscitation event utilizing AHA guidelines and algorithms. Skills covering Mega Code Team Leader and BLS performance and a written test will be given. Must score at least 84%.
Contact Hours and CME Credit are offered.
To learn more and sign up
For more information email Melanie.Hungate@balladhealth.org.
ALL BALLAD HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS MUST REGISTER FOR CLASSES ON MY LEARNING AND PERFORMANCE (FROM THE BALLAD HEALTH INTRANET).
Ballad Health Organizational Development is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
Accreditation: Ballad Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT STATEMENT: Ballad Health CME designates this live activity for a maximum number of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for ACLS Provider and 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for ACLS Renewal. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
ACLS provider full class
- If you need the book: $235
- If you have the book: $190
- EMS $45 Book / $10 card
- If you need the book: $200
- If you have the book: $160
- EMS $45 Book / $10 card