The Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Course is designed for health care providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of pediatric patients, whether in the hospital or pre-hospital setting.
This course will enhance skills in the treatment of arrest and peri-arrest patients through active participation in a series of simulated pediatric patient cases.
Concepts covered include:
- Identification and treatment of medical conditions that place a pediatric patient at risk for respiratory/cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support for Children and Infants
- Recognition and Management of Respiratory Emergencies
- Intra-Osseous Access
- Cardiac Rhythm Disturbances
- Initial Impression, Primary, Secondary and Diagnostic Tests Assessments using the “Evaluate, Identify, Intervene” model
- PALS Algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
Course is 12 to 16 hours and requires the Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual. The Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care is also recommended.
PALS full provider
- Must bring a current PALS manual (copyright 2016)
- Bring the results of the pretest (found on page ii of the PALS manual) when you attend class
- Must show a current American Heart Association PALS card
- Bring the results of pretest (minimum score 84% - instructions found on page ii of the PALS manual
- Bring a current PALS manual (copyright 2016) when you attend class
The exam consists of skills checkoff scenarios and BLS performance. A multiple choice, written exam will be given which requires score of at least 84%.
Contact hours and CME credit are offered.
To learn more and sign up
For more information, call (423) 431-7147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up, all class participants must first pay for the class and then fill out the class registration form. After you have paid for the class, you will need your payment confirmation number to register for the class.
ALL BALLAD HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS MUST REGISTER FOR CLASSES ON MY LEARNING AND PERFORMANCE (FROM THE BALLAD HEALTH INTRANET.
Ballad Health is an approved provider of nursing professional development by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Ballad Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Ballad Health CME designates this live activity for a maximum number of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for PALS Provider and 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for PALS Renewal. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
PALS provider full class
- If you need the book: $235
- If you have the book: $200
- EMS $50 book / $10 card
- If you need the book: $200
- If you have the book: $160
- EMS $50 book / $10 card