The Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course is designed for health care providers (MD, PA, NP, EMT-P, RN, LPN, Respiratory Therapists/Technicians, Pharmacists) who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in the hospital or pre-hospital setting. Through didactic instruction and active participation in simulated cases, students will enhance their skills in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute arrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
Concepts covered include:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Survey
- High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- ACLS Survey
- ACLS Algorithms (Pulseless Arrest, Bradycardia, Tachycardia, Acute Coronary
- Syndromes, Acute Ischemic Stroke, and Return of Spontaneous Circulation
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
Course is 12 - 16 hours and requires the 2015 Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Manual. The Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care is also recommended.
The Pre Course Assessment MUST be performed via the web address provided in the textbook, the evaluation summary printed AND Current ACLS Provider Manual
***NOTE*** If you do not have both the pre course assessment and the current ACLS manual you WILL NOT be admitted to class and will be asked to reschedule.
Card Type: Electronic Course Completion Card
Competency: Maintain current provider status on a 2-year cycle.
Behaviors / Skills:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions
- Demonstrate proficiency in BLS skills, including chest compressions and use of AED
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes and acute ischemic stroke
- Demonstrate effective communication skills as a team member or team leader in a resuscitation event utilizing AHA guidelines and algorithmsSkills covering Mega Code Team Leader and BLS performance and a written test will be given. Must score at least 84%.
Contact Hours and CME Credit is offered.
Costs for Full Class / Renewal ALL BALLAD HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS MUST SIGN UP ON TEDS
ACLS Provider Full Class - $235 if you need book, $190 if you already have your book
ACLS Provider Full Class - EMS $45 Book / $10 card
ACLS Renewal - $200 if you need book, $160 if you already have your book
ACLS Renewal - EMS $45 Book / $10 card
Requirements for Renewals:
- A current American Heart Association Provider Card
- A current ACLS Provider manual
- A Pretest score of a minimum of 84%
For more information (423) 431-7147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ballad Health – Organizational Development is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of Florida College of Medicine and Ballad Health. The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.