Recover faster after Ballad Health’s minimally invasive heart care – also called interventional cardiology services available throughout East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. Your doctor performs these less-invasive procedures by sliding tiny medical tools into a blood vessel and up to your heart.
That means you don’t need large incisions (cuts in the skin) for treatment, and you’ll go home sooner than after surgery.
Take advantage of less-invasive ways of:
- Diagnosing heart conditions
- Treating heart valves and heart rhythm conditions
- Caring for blood vessels throughout your body
To test or treat you, a doctor will insert miniature tools into your blood vessels through an artery in either your upper thigh or your wrist. If the doctor decides you qualify for entry through your wrist, you’ll recover faster.
Heart Attack Treatment
Stop a heart attack with angioplasty and stenting, or percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
Because timely treatment gives you better results, you can get PCI any time of day or night at Bristol Regional Medical Center, Holston Valley Medical Center, Indian Path Medical Center, Johnson City Medical Center and Johnston Memorial Hospital.
Trust these hospitals to give you PCI within 90 minutes of your arrival for heart attack care – the national standard.
Award-Winning, Top-Quality Care
Trust our nationally recognized programs to offer you expert heart attack treatment or other minimally invasive heart services.
- In 2018, CareChex rated Holston Valley the No. 1 hospital in the nation for medical excellence in interventional carotid care and in the top 100 for patient safety in coronary bypass surgery. Johnson City Medical Center the top hospital in Tennessee in 2017 for medical excellence in heart attack treatment and interventional coronary (heart artery) care for helping patients achieve the best possible results. CareChex put Bristol Regional in the top 10 percent of the state’s hospitals in 2018 for medical excellence in heart attack treatment and interventional coronary care.
- Bristol Regional and Holston Valley earned the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Award – Gold. The award recognizes the medical centers for providing timely, appropriate care consistently for two years.
- Indian Path and Sycamore Shoals hold chest pain certification from The Joint Commission, the nation’s largest independent health care accrediting agency.
After a heart attack, cardiac rehabilitation helps you safely regain strength and endurance and reduce your risk of future heart conditions.