The American Heart Association Heartsaver Blood-Borne Pathogens course teaches team members how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone that may come in contact with blood or blood-containing materials.
The course is consistent with OSHA guidelines and can be combined with the Heartsaver First Aid / CPR / AED course.
The following concepts will be covered:
- What are blood-borne pathogens
- How blood-borne pathogens enter the body
- How blood-borne pathogens spread
- Your employer-specific exposure control plan (provided by the employer)
- Job classifications that have a reasonable chance of exposure to blood
- List of tasks and procedures in which occupational exposure may occur and are performed by employees
- Methods of compliance (employee protection)
- Hepatitis B vaccination and post-exposure evaluation and follow-up
- Communication of hazards to employees
- Record keeping
- Procedure for reviewing exposure events
To learn more
For more information call (423) 431-7159 or (423) 431-7147 or email Melanie.Hungate@balladhealth.org.
(423) 431-7159 or (423) 431-7147